Basic Policy on NSR Paper Awards
- On the basis of selection by NSR Committee of The Japan Neuroscience Society, “NSR Best Paper Award”, “NSR Excellent Paper Award” and “NSR Highly Cited Paper Award” will be given to the papers accepted for publication in Neuroscience Research (NSR).
- The following papers will be considered for the selection without seeking applications from authors.
- For NSR Best Paper Award and NSR Excellent Paper Award, all original articles (Research Papers) accepted by NSR between January 1 and December 31 of each year.
- For NSR Highly Cited Paper Award, all citable papers published in NSR between January 1 and December 31 of each year.
- The selection procedures and the timing of awarding shall be as follows.
- NSR Committee will select award-winning papers for NSR Best Paper Award and NSR Excellent Paper Award based on comprehensive assessment of their scientific significance and the diversity of both research fields and first authors, and will present the Awards in the year following the date of acceptance of the papers. These Awards will be launched in 2022 for papers accepted in 2021. Every year thereafter, one paper will be honored as NSR Best Paper Award, and one to three papers as NSR Excellent Paper Award.
- NSR Committee will identify the winners of NSR Highly Cited Paper Award based on the number of citations during the three-year period, from January 1 of the year following the publication date of the paper to December 31 of the third succeeding year, and will present the Award in the fifth year counting the publication date as the first year. This Award will be launched in 2023 for papers published in 2019. Every year thereafter, three papers will be honored as NSR Highly Cited Paper Award, but if there are ties for the citations, more than three papers may be awarded.
- By March 31 of the year of awarding, the first authors of award-winning papers will be notified of the decision and asked to confirm their intention to receive the Award.
- The first authors, including equally contributing first authors, of award-winning papers will be honored in the following manner.
- NSR Best Paper Award with a supplementary prize of 1,000 euros (sponsored by Elsevier) will be presented at The Annual Meeting of The Japan Neuroscience Society, and the awardee will deliver an award lecture at The Annual Meeting. In cases where there are multiple first authors, a prize of 1,000 euros in total will be given in equal proportions, and the first authors will be entrusted with the choice of the award lecture speaker(s).
- NSR Excellent Paper Award and NSR Highly Cited Paper Award will be presented at The Annual Meeting of The Japan Neuroscience Society.