Call for application - Master of Science in Neuroscience at City University of Hong Kong
City University of Hong Kong offers more than 50 taught postgraduate programmes in diverse and extensive subject areas to help students pursue their personal interests, professional excellence and career advancement. Students will receive an innovative and in-depth education, mainly in the form of coursework, while some programmes may require the completion of a project or thesis. Programme is offered in full-time mode and generally require year of study, subject to the credit load requirements of programme.
Master of Science in Neuroscience (MSN)
(Programme code: P98)
Programme Aims and Objectives
- Provide students with diverse background of undergraduate education with updated knowledge and practical techniques of basic and translational neuroscience.
- Provide students with knowledge and encourage them to critically think about emerging neuroscience and neuroscience-related interdisciplinary research, technology, education, and industries, and to prepare them for a career in this growing multi-disciplinary field.
- Educate healthcare and non-healthcare professionals with updated relevant knowledge of neuroscience and neuropsychiatric disorders.
General Entrance Requirements
Applicants must satisfy the University's general entrance requirements and the following programme-specific entrance requirements:
- Applicants should possess a recognised undergraduate degree in Life Science/ Bioengineering/ Psychology/ Medicine/ Dentistry/ Veterinary Medicine/ Biostatistics or a related discipline.
- Preference for admission will be given to individuals who have completed a holistic undergraduate education with knowledge covering statistics, neuroscience, psychology, physiology, pathology, pharmacology, medicine, animal science, and bioengineering.
- Additional attention will be paid to students, who have little training in health-related area to ensure that they can follow the progress of the programme.
For interested parties, please submit your application via https://www.cityu.edu.hk/pg/programme/p98
by 28 February 2023.
Should you have any enquiries, please feel free to contact us. Thank you.
Department of Neuroscience
City University of Hong Kong