Researcher recruitment: Assistant Professor Position at the Division of Sensory and Cognitive Brain Mapping, Department of System Neuroscience, National Institute for Physiological Sciences, National Institutes of Natural Sciences
National Institute for Physiological Sciences (NIPS), the National Institutes of Natural Sciences (NINS), Japan invites applications for the position of Assistant Professor. Please recommend suitable candidates and disseminate this posting to those who wish to apply.
1 Position and number of positions:
Assistant Professor, 1 position
Division of Sensory and Cognitive Brain Mapping, Department of System Neuroscience
3 Field of Research:
The Division of Sensory and Cognitive Brain Mapping is a division led by Prof. Hiromasa Takemura. The division’s goal is to elucidate the neural basis of sensory and cognitive information processing in the brain. We are looking for an individual to work with Prof. Takemura to conduct studies on above research topic by combining functional and structural neuroimaging using ultra–high field magnetic resonance (MR) facility. Applicants must be willing to work on the division's research in a proactive manner. The ideal candidate will have experience in neuroimaging research that targets non-human primate brains, but it is not a requirement.
The successful applicant must actively promote collaborative research as a member of NIPS, which is an inter-university collaborative research institute. The successful applicant will also be responsible for graduate education as a faculty member of SOKENDAI, the Graduate University for Advanced Studies.
Applicants must have a doctoral degree or equivalent research achievements.
5 Period of appointment:
Five years. Please note that reappointment is possible based on a performance review, but the total period of employment cannot exceed 10 years from the initial date of hire (in accordance with the institutional regulations).
6 Documents to be submitted:
- Curriculum vitae (please use the attached designated format*)
- Summary of past research, reason for applying, and future aspirations (approximately 1000 words)
- List of publications (Appendix 1*) (The list must include the names of all authors, titles of papers, journal names, volume number and pages (beginning and end pages), and year of publication. Original papers and review articles (including books) should be listed separately. Papers in print should be included, but papers under submission or in preparation should not.)
- Other reference materials (Appendix 2*)
- PDF files of not more than 3 main publications
- Letter of recommendation (at least one letter; please use the attached designated format*)
(The letter can be sent separately by the recommender.)
- The above documents (1) to (6) should be prepared in PDF format and then the documents (1) to (5) should be merged into one single PDF document.
7 Application deadline:
Applications must be received by Wednesday, June 8, 2022.
8 Date of assignment:
As soon as possible after the successful applicant is determined.
- NIPS complies with the Act on Equal Employment Opportunities and is committed to promoting gender equality.
- NIPS gives hiring priority to female applicants when they are recognized as equivalent during performance evaluations.
- We take maternity, childcare, or nursing care leave into consideration, if you clearly indicate the period of leave on your CV or other materials.
- Handling of personal information
Personal information pertaining to applications will be managed appropriately in accordance with the Act on the Protection of Personal Information and related rules of NINS. It will be used only for the purpose of selection and employment.
10 Submission method, submission address, important notice and contact information: