Application Guidelines for Research and Teaching Position - National Institute of Genetics
The National Institute of Genetics (NIG) invites applications for one Assistant Professor position in the field of bioinformatics. Please see details below and apply for the position.
Biological Networks Laboratory, Department of Informatics
Assistant Professor (one qualified person)
3. Appointment Start Date:
as soon as possible after the selection decision is made
4. Term of Appointment:
One-time extension of five additional years would be possible based on evaluation.
(For those who are/were employed by The Research Organization of Information and Systems (ROIS) at any time between April 1st, 2013 and the day before the starting date of this advertised position, the aforesaid term(s) of employment will be subtracted from the term of appointment.)
Young, ambitious researcher who can collaboratively conduct research in bioinformatics. Preparation to invest effort to public services like DDBJ and education. Appropriate research background, skill and output. Knowledge in metabolomics is preferable but not mandatory.
6. Salary and Allowance:
Based on ROIS Regulations
7. Social Insurance:
MEXT Mutual Society of Health Insurance
Worker's Accident Compensation Insurance
8. Work Hours:
Discretionary Labor System
Saturday and Sunday, National Holidays,
From December 29th to January 3rd (New Year’s Break), Summer Break
Noon (Japan Time) on Thursday, April 28th, 2022
11. Application Materials:
- Curriculum Vitae (In English. Japanese applicants should include an additional copy in Japanese. Include e-mail address.)
- List of publications (If there are multiple authors, describe your contributions briefly. Indicate your major papers.)
- Summary of past and present research and future direction/interests (In English, max. 1,500 words. Include figures as necessary.)
- Names and contacts of references (two to four references including at least one international reference is desirable.)
- Brief summary of career (Download the form from the NIG website.)
- Your major papers
- All the private data in application for employment is handled in strict confidentiality, and such data is not utilized for any other purpose.
Submit items I to VI listed above electronically.
- Subject line should be “Application for Biological Networks Laboratory Assistant Professor,” and the same should be noted in the e-mail body.
- Put items I to IV together in a single file by separating each item by page. E-mail the file as an attachment. File format should be either MS Word or PDF. Also attach completed item V whose form can be downloaded from the NIG homepage.
- E-mail your main papers (item VI) as attachments. The file format should be PDF. If your main papers are available online, include a list of http addresses in the e-mail body.
- We will notify you via e-mail upon receipt of your electronic application within two business days.
If you cannot apply electronically, you may send your application by post. Note the laboratory and position you are applying for in red ink on the envelope and send by registered mail.
Based on gender equality National Institute of Genetics has been actively promoting female scientists. In case of equivalent aptitude and achievements in research, education, and social contributions, preference will be given to female candidates.
National Institute of Genetics is promoting safety and healthy working environment by such means as preventing passive smoking.
(Indoor smoking is banned. / Smoking is allowed only in the designated outdoor areas.)
Send your application and inquiries to:
NIG Personnel Committee (Personnel Team)
National Institute of Genetics
Yata 1111, Mishima, Shizuoka 411-8540 JAPAN
NIG Organization Chart: https://www.nig.ac.jp/nig/research/organization-top/organization