Postdoctoral Fellow Position at Florida Atlantic University
A postdoctoral fellow position is immediately available at the Department of Biomedical Science in Florida Atlantic University. The successful candidate will lead an NIH-funded project under the direction of the Principal Investigator, Dr. Akihiko Ozawa studying neural circuits regulating pain-related behaviors. Briefly, our current research focuses on identifying neural circuits regulating pain transmission initiated by distinct pain modalities including chronic neuropathic pain in the spinal cord, and the expression of aversion associated with chronic pain in the brain using genetically modified mouse strains. The project involves a multidisciplinary approach including neuroanatomy, molecular biology, pharmacogenetics, behavioral pharmacology and in vivo calcium imaging to address the questions in the projects. Postdoctoral fellows are also encouraged to have a flexibility for conducting research in personal areas of interest, applying for grants and fellowships, and developing independent research directions.
- Should have or be expected to receive a Ph.D. from an accredited institution in biomedical sciences or related field.
- Strong background in one or more of the following areas: molecular biology, neuroscience, behavioral pharmacology and/or calcium imaging
- A track record of a first author publication is also preferred
- Be highly motivated and expect to work independently as well as make presentations regarding his/her research, publish their research results in peer-reviewed journals, and participate in grant proposal preparation
- Demonstrate excellent communication skills
- Be able to work well in a multidisciplinary, diverse, and collaborative research environment
Interested candidates should submit an application in a single PDF file consisting of 1) a curriculum vitae, 2) a brief statement of research experiences and interests, and 3) contact information for 2 references. Please send the items listed above with the subject line “postdoctoral fellow position” to Dr. Akihiko Ozawa at email@example.com
for consideration. Please also include a preferred start date in the email.
Akihiko Ozawa, Ph.D.
Department of Biomedical Science
Charles E. Schmidt College of Medicine
Florida Atlantic University
777 Glades Rd
Boca Raton, FL 33431