|2.||Positions Offered||One (1) Postdoctoral Research Fellowship Affiliation: International Open Laboratory led by Dr. Kathryn D. Held, Associate Radiation Biologist of Radiation Oncology, Harvard Medical School, Massachusetts General Hospital, Gunma University Initiative for Advanced Research Work location: 3-39-22 Showa-Machi,
Maebashi, Gunma 371-8511 JAPAN
|3.||Gunma University||Type of contract: Fixed-term employee Contract Period: The period of employment will be from the agreed upon start date until March 31, 2021. The Starting date is planned in April 1, 2020. The contract period can then be renewed until March 31, 2025.|
|4.||Overview||Gunma University Initiative for Advanced Research (GIAR) was established in 2014 to promote research in the advanced research fields where Gunma University has great strengths by forming research bases for both domestic and overseas researchers. International Open Laboratory (Dr. Held Lab), launched in GIAR, aims at radiation biological research, especially on the biological effect of heavy ions and radiation-induced intercellular signaling, bystander effect, under the supervision of Dr. Held from Massachusetts General Hospital.|
|5.||Duties||Project: Mechanisms of intercellular communication (bystander effects) induced by ionizing radiation.|
|6.||Salary and Benefits||According to Gunma University Employment Regulations. The position includes health insurance, pension, and labor insurance. Working time; Mon-Fri, 9am-4pm (30h/week). Pay Rate per Hour; JPY1,500~2,000 + other allowances.|
|7.||Qualifications||Applicants are required to have:
(1) a Ph.D. degree.
(2) familiarity with methods of biochemical analysis and cell culture (desirable).
(3) experience in studies of radiation biology and/or DNA repair (desirable).
(4) outstanding knowledge and experience related to the job duties mentioned above.(5) good English communication skill.
|8.||Deadline||Tuesday, March 31, 2020 However, applications will be evaluated as received and qualified candidates will be interviewed ongoingly.|
|9.||Selection of Candidates||
(1) Initial screening will be performed by the examination of application materials.
(2) Selected applicants will be interviewed via Skype and may be requested to interview in person at GU with a formal research seminar.
|10.||Application Materials||(1) A Curriculum Vitae
(2) A List of Publications and Activities, including research history, experimental techniques, language ability, qualifications and so on. (Please describe in specific and concise.)
* All the documents provided by applicants will be used only for the selection, and will not be disclosed or provided to any third party without justifiable reasons. The application documents will not be returned.
|11.||Send application by e-mail to For further information, contact||To: Advanced Research Support Office
Research Promotion Division, Gunma University
(Please replace “#@#” with “@”.)
TEL: +81 (0)27-220-8116 / 8028 FAX: +81 (0)27-220-8114
For inquiry about research work:
Dr. Roppongi, Assistant Professor, GIAR International Open Laboratory (Dr. Held Lab)
(Please replace “#@#” with “@”.)
|12.||Other||Gunma University promotes a society based on equal opportunity by actively hiring women when applicants are equally qualified in performance evaluation (research and educational achievement, social contributions and personality).|