Researcher Recruitment in Department of System Neuroscience,
National Institute for Physiological Sciences (NIPS),
National Institutes of Natural Sciences (NINS), Okazaki, Japan
- Job title
Professor (one position)
- Research field
In the National Institute for Physiological Sciences (NIPS), 7-T MRI and dual–3-T MRI systems are up and running, and a research group led by Prof. Norihiro Sadato has investigated the higher brain functions of humans, including socio-cognitive functions. Such functional brain imaging research, one of the main research programs of NIPS, is now in a critical strategic position to integrate multiple levels of neuroscience to create a novel research platform. Moreover, NIPS plays core roles in training young researchers and promoting cooperative research activity, thereby contributing to the development of MRI studies. Considering the importance and future of brain imaging research for neuroscience and life science, NIPS aims to establish a new laboratory in the Department of System Neuroscience. We are seeking applicants who have made outstanding achievements in the field of human MRI studies. We also expect the successful applicant to perform MRI studies in non-human primates. The successful applicant is required to actively promote cooperative research with domestic and overseas scientists, which is one of the most important missions of NIPS. The successful applicant is also required to supervise and educate graduate students as a faculty member of SOKENDAI (The Graduate School for Advanced Studies).
Regarding the mission of NIPS, please refer to the following URL.
Applicants should have a Ph.D. degree or an equivalent scientific experience.
- Appointment period
Five years. Reappointment is possible.
- Application and required documents;
(1) Complete CV (in the designated form*)
(2) Research statement (including summary of past research, reasons for application, and future plans in NIPS; approximately 1,500 words)
(3) List of publications (in the format shown in accompanying sheet 1*)
(4) Other information (in the format shown in accompanying sheet 2*)
(5) PDF files of not more than 10 main publications
For (1), (2), (3), (4), (5), please send a compact disc (CD) or USB flash drive including all files.
(6) Recommendation letter(s) (in the designated form*) (The letters should be mailed a sealed envelope. Letters may be sent directly from the recommender.)
* URL to download forms: https://www.nips.ac.jp/eng/recruit/index.html
Please note that documents will not be returned to applicants.
Must be received by October 30, 2020
- For detailed information, visit the following URL.